Closing Date October 16th, 2020
Industrial Relations Executive
The Industrial Relations Executive is a new post within the INMO as a result of an internal review. This offers a new and exciting opportunity to work as part of a dedicated team, providing and developing services to members within a geographic region. The INMO is committed to providing an excellent service to its members on all collective and individual matters, and in order to match our growing membership, we must expand our industrial relations team.
Within the INMO’s industrial staff structure, Industrial Relations Executive will report to the Director of Industrial Relations and be accountable on a daily basis to the Assistant Director of Industrial Relations.
The INMO is currently seeking four Industrial Relations Executives for the following areas (panels for future appointments may be made by region):
- Dublin Office: Dublin North and Midlands (incorporating Dublin North (CCA and COE), Longford and Westmeath Community Care Services)
- Dublin Office: Dublin South City and County, Wicklow, CHO6 (care of the older person, community nursing, RNID and private services)
- Cork Office: Cork City and South East/South/South West Region (incorporating Cork City, East Cork, West Waterford, eldercare, ID, occupational health, private services and voluntary acute hospital Cork City and private hospital in Waterford)
- Limerick Office: Midwest Region and South Galway.
- A relevant third-level qualification
- Demonstrable commitment to trade unionism and social justice
- Excellent organisational communication and teamworking skills
- Experience of negotiations and representing groups and individuals, including where collective and individual rights have potential conflicts
- Valid full driving licence
- Understanding of national and international developments in nursing and midwifery.
- A knowledge of the operations and structures of the INMO
- A knowledge of the professional requirements for nurses and midwives
- Experience of employment law and industrial relations practice
- Nursing/midwifery qualification
A detailed job description is available here or from the PA to General Secretary. Please submit your letter of application and a detailed CV to email@example.com no later than
5pm on Friday, October 16th, 2020 stating clearly which post(s) you wish to apply for.