Q. Can my Employer terminate my leave?
Generally, the leave terminates on the date specified in the confirmation document. However, there are other circumstances under which carer's leave may be terminated, e.g.
- on another date agreed between the employer and employee;
- when the employee no longer provides full-time care and attention to the relevant person, e.g. where another person begins to provide full-time care and attention to the relevant person concerned;
- when the person being cared for no longer satisfies the conditions for a relevant person;
- where a Deciding Officer/Appeals Officer decides that either the employee or the person being cared for does not satisfy the conditions applicable to her/him;
- where the person being cared for dies, the leave will terminate either 6 weeks after the date of death, or the date that is specified in the confirmation document, whichever is the earliest.