Student News-members to discuss the Public Service Pay Commission Report
October 3rd, 2018
The Public Service Pay Commission issued its report on the 4th September 2018. The INMO expressed our strongly held view that the measures outlined within the report will not improve the recruitment and retention crisis that exists in the nursing and midwifery professions. At a Special Delegates Conference in Croke Park on September 26th 92% of INMO delegates voted to reject the proposals.
Regional meetings have been arranged for members to discuss the Public Service Pay Commission Report. Members will vote to either ACCEPT or REJECT the proposals outlined within the report.
View arrangements for regional meetings here:
Will Students have a vote?
• ONLY EMPLOYEES will have a vote, but students may attend the meetings if they wish to receive information.
• 1st - 3rd Year Students are not employees, since they are classified as supernumerary when on placement.
• Interns are employees once the 36-week internship commences. However, prior to the commencement of internship, 4th Year students will not be entitled to a vote.
• 2018 Graduates classified as a Pre-Registration Nurse/Midwife will be entitled to a vote if they are members of the INMO.
• Children’s and General Students due to qualify in May 2019 will be entitled to a vote, if they are classified as employees at the time of balloting and are members of the INMO.
• 2018 Graduates that are repeating or repaying time will only be entitled to a vote if they are classified as an employee and are currently a member of the INMO.
If you have any questions in relation to the above information, please contact:
Neal Donohue Student/New Graduate Officer
Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation | The Whitworth Building | North Brunswick Street | Dublin 7 | D07 NP8H
Tel: 01 664 0628 I Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.inmo.ie | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Join INMO