Saturday, 28th January 2017
I refer to my previous updates, in relation to our Staffing/Recruitment/Retention campaign and wish to advise you of the following:
1. The INMO recommenced discussions, with the Department of Health/HSE/ Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, on Friday afternoon, 27th January 2017.
2. In the course of these discussions, which were attended by our three Officers and senior officials of the Organisation, progress was made. It was, therefore, agreed that these intensive discussions should continue on Monday morning, 30th January 2017, and continue the coming week.
3. In view of this progress it was decided to stand down the planned special meeting, of the Executive Council, scheduled for this Monday, 30th January 2017.
4. The Executive Council will now meet, on Wednesday, 8th February 2017, to consider the outcome of the entire set of negotiations, with the management side, and to decide next steps.
5. You are also asked to note that the INMO will make a written submission to the Public Service Pay Commission, on Wednesday, 1st February 2017, as part of its consideration of labour market challenges facing grades/groups within the public service. The INMO will then meet, directly, with the Commission on Tuesday, 7th February 2017.
It remains our objective to secure, in the form of definite actions, measures to address the Staffing/Recruitment/Retention difficulties facing nursing and midwifery.
In that context we will continue with the intensive discussions, now commenced with the management side, with a view to arriving at a comprehensive set of measures which the Executive Council will consider on Wednesday, 8th February 2017.
Following the meeting on 8th February 2017, members will be advised of the Council’s decision with regard to next steps in this campaign.
Thank you for your attention to this note and please watch out for further updates in the coming days.
Attn all INMO Members. National Campaign Update
INMO to commence ballot for Industrial Action
Presentation is available to members here if you use your INMO website login and password.
Calls for immediate action