Agency Nurses Re: NMBI Retention Fee
06 January 2015
To: All Agency Nurse Members
Re: NMBI Retention Fee
The INMO have been notified of a circular that issued from Nurse on Call to Agency Nurses this morning in relation to NMBI registration fee. Please be advised that the information in this email is incorrect. In that regard, and in order to clarify the matter, we would ask you to note the following:
1. The HSE, by circular dated 23rd December 2014, have confirmed that every nurse/midwife has until 30th April 2015 to confirm their registration with them.
2. It is therefore incorrect for Nurse on Call to state that proof of registration is required before this date.
3. The NMBI has indicated that they will be issuing a second renewal notice, on or around 2nd February 2015 allowing a further 28 days for payment of the fee. If payment remains outstanding the matter will then go before the next Board meeting which will be March/April.
In this context no nurse/midwife can, or will, be removed from the register before this date and this process is completed. To suggest removal will happen immediately is simply incorrect.
4. Currently the campaign has received tremendous support with hundreds of workplaces, and thousands of nurses/midwives, confirming that they will pay €100. The health service cannot function without thousands of nurses/midwives so the campaign will succeed as this solidarity prevails.
5. We repeat our advice, as circulated in numerous newsletters, that nurses/midwives should pay €100, when they can, by cheque/postal order/credit transfer and keep a record of this transaction.
6. Finally we remain in discussions, under the Haddington Road Agreement, on this matter and we request total solidarity until the matter has been resolved.
Please do not be misled by these factually incorrect statements and join your thousands of colleagues in paying €100 for 2015.