Q. How much notice must I give to my employer?

An Application must be made to the Minister for Social Protection for a decision as to whether the person to be cared for is a relevant person, i.e. in need of full-time care and attention.

Your employer must be provided with at least six weeks' written notice which must state:  

However,  you are allowed to give less than six weeks' notice, where in 'exceptional or emergency circumstances' it is 'not reasonably practicable' to do so.  In such a case, notice must be given as soon as is 'reasonably practicable.

All rights reserved by INMO. Please don't use without permission