Showcasing the Art & Science of Nursing
in Older Person Care
Thursday 27th November 2014
9.30am – 1.30pm
Lecture Hall, St Mary’s Hospital, Phoenix Park
- Philippa Withero-Ryan - Deputy Chief Nursing Officer, Department of Health
- Dr Siobhan Kennelly – Irish National Extended Care Medicine Association
- Elaine Dunne – Community Clinical Case Management
- Linda Nugent – Research Excellence across Clinical Healthcare, Dublin North
- International Speaker
- Margie Kennedy – Challenges and Opportunities in Nursing in Canada Today
Also Featuring Updates from St Mary’s:
- ISHCA - Pressure Ulcer Collaborative - Forever Autumn Community of Practice
- Other areas of interest: Activities -
- Ear Care - End of Life Care - Gerontological Nursing - Health Promotion - Bone
- Health - Falls Prevention - Infection Control - Nurse Liaison - Nurse Prescribing - Rehabilitative Care - Tissue Viability
The format of the day will be informal.
There will be short presentations which will give an overview of what is happening across the spectrum of care.
Information stands from specialist areas within St Mary’s will also provide further information.
You will have the opportunity to liaise with members of St Mary’s Campus Nursing Team between presentations.
St Mary's cares for Older Adults across the care spectrum - outpatient, inpatient - assessment, rehabilitation, respite care, transitional care and extended care. Alot of our patients and residents will also be known to your services.
We extend an open invitation to you and nurses caring for Older Adults to attend this day from the community, continuing care and extended care services.
We appreciate the busy schedules and time constraints and therefore have formatted the day accordingly. You will also have the opportunity to speak to our nurses to gather and share new information.
To register your interest in attending please email: email@example.com before Tuesday 25th November.